[Qualification to Euro 2016-08/10/15] Albania - Serbia

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Your match predictions?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:41 pm

Albania 0:0 Serbia
12%
Albania 1:0 Serbia
18%
Albania 2:0 Serbia
24%
Albania 2:1 Serbia
12%
Albania 2:2 Serbia
6%
Albania 0:1 Serbia
6%
Albania 1:1 Serbia
12%
Albania 0:2 Serbia
6%
Albania 1:2 Serbia
6%
Albania 1:3 Serbia
No votes

Total votes: 17
Pjetër

Well that really says it all doesn't it
Plako
Team: Partizani

Pjetër wrote:Well that really says it all doesn't it
Yep pretty much. What I hate the most about this team now is that in the beginning of the campaign they pull an unlikely result, like winning in Portugal, raising our hopes and then they inevitably fail. I liked Albania from the 1990's when we had 0 chance of qualifying from the start and there was no chance of getting a heart attack watching them.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I think we overrate Mavraj as a defender (seen him make plenty of stupid mistakes, and Ajeti/Djim have filled his shoes just fine), but without Kace he's literally our playmaker...Neither Ajeti or Djim are good passers.
Plako wrote: I liked Albania from the 1990's when we had 0 chance of qualifying from the start and there was no chance of getting a heart attack watching them.
Those guys had 0 organization and professionalism but damn at least they could score. 3 goals against Germany away, 2 vs Norway away, 3 vs Russia, 2 vs. Greece, etc...

The only team we can score 1+ goals against is Armenia.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Plako wrote:
Pjetër wrote:Well that really says it all doesn't it
Yep pretty much. What I hate the most about this team now is that in the beginning of the campaign they pull an unlikely result, like winning in Portugal, raising our hopes and then they inevitably fail. I liked Albania from the 1990's when we had 0 chance of qualifying from the start and there was no chance of getting a heart attack watching them.

Story of the last decade. As the expectations and hype start to rise the team starts to fail. They pull good results when nobody expects nothing from them and fail every time they are to do something.

I thought only Albanians from Albania suffered from this mentality but looks like these diaspora dudes aren't any better. Must be in Albanian DNA
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Dallku wrote: I thought only Albanians from Albania suffered from this mentality but looks like these diaspora dudes aren't any better. Must be in Albanian DNA
To be honest, if some of these players didn't choke, they prob. wouldn't play for Albania.

With a new coach we have some decent players for next campaign: Kace, Hysaj, Xhaka, Berisha, Djim, and if some other kids who play regularly in Switz/Austria join us like Hgjonaj, Avdijaj, we don't have to play anti-football anymore.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako

Dallku wrote:Story of the last decade. As the expectations and hype start to rise the team starts to fail. They pull good results when nobody expects nothing from them and fail every time they are to do something.
Spot on, every fucking time.
Plako

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:Those guys had 0 organization and professionalism but damn at least they could score. 3 goals against Germany away
You're right, they scored 3 away and another 2 in Grenada, where the home leg was played due the 97' troubles. Maybe the professionalism was not there but still most players by then were playing in decent clubs.
Julz94

I do apologise guys, I guess I didn't bring any luck by opening this thread. I guess everyone else has stated everything what's on my mind. But the blame starts from all the way from the government. That felt like a friendly against Italy. This is the sort of game that needed a hostile environment, the sort of game that if played in qemal stafa or shkoder, and the real patriotic fans were allowed to enter the stadium. The fans could of won it for us. For for sake all small nations that have thrived last couple of years have by playing attacking football. We should of given it our fucking all the first 30 minutes cause mistake me if I'm wrong, against Greece and Russia that's when we have won most of our games.. Tbh I wish that goal by Serbia was allowed in the first half cause maybe they could of then woken the f*** up.
Then again you can't blame them much cause we are useless at attacking. To many defenders and defensive midfielders: minus memushaj and balaj and a clueless lenjani.

HOW FUCKING SLOBBY WERE THE SERBS THO. Makes me angry. I do believe we had more of a fucking chance of scoring with duro skela lala and co

P.s if duka or Rama had som brain they now need to act. Go put 1million Euros on the table of the Armenian team. They'd make that money back in the euros. However I do wish Denmark had won last night to save use from our misery on Sunday to which would f*** up my working week wondering if only.

AMEN
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Aurora Bulkualis wrote:I think we overrate Mavraj as a defender (seen him make plenty of stupid mistakes, and Ajeti/Djim have filled his shoes just fine), but without Kace he's literally our playmaker...Neither Ajeti or Djim are good passers.
Plako wrote: I liked Albania from the 1990's when we had 0 chance of qualifying from the start and there was no chance of getting a heart attack watching them.
Those guys had 0 organization and professionalism but damn at least they could score. 3 goals against Germany away, 2 vs Norway away, 3 vs Russia, 2 vs. Greece, etc...

The only team we can score 1+ goals against is Armenia.
Last campaign Albania got 11 points, Mavraj played in every match that we won points, he missed two decisive games against Slovenia&Iceland. This campaign again we got 11 points (8 on field) and Albania managed to get only one point (vs Denmark) without Mavraj on line up.In his career with national team played 11 matches, won 5, lost 3 and 3 draws. He is a bit slow but he can play the ball very well and has the balls to make the pass in key moments.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Plako

ZenMaster wrote:Last campaign Albania got 11 points, Mavraj played in every match that we won points, he missed two decisive games against Slovenia&Iceland. This campaign again we got 11 points (8 on field) and Albania managed to get only one point (vs Denmark) without Mavraj on line up.In his career with national team played 11 matches, won 5, lost 3 and 3 draws. He is a bit slow but he can play the ball very well and has the balls to make the pass in key moments.
[/quote]

Mavraj has been immense for us and we have sorely missed him not only in defense but also in offense.
  • Information