Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:23 am He's not good at hold up play because he's not tall and his first touch is pretty mediocre to say the least.

His off the ball movement is decent but that's something literally anyone can do if they want to.

Trolling aside, I honestly can't think of anything Manaj is good at. He might be one of the most limited Albanian strikers I've ever seen but he's living a dream.

He's a 3rd division player who gets to train with world class teams. Crazy luck...
You don't need to be 1.90m to be good at hold-up play haha thats ridiculous, it's about how well you can trap the ball/short passes/play with your back to goal. Depay is 5'9 and excellent at this, 6 foot is fine if you're good at it lol, at least give him that, he is good at winning headers as well. This is not the 60s where every forward has to be 6'4.

Speaking of Aguero is out for at least three months, lol. And he may not even stay. Manaj in a Barca shirt?
CanaYouDoIt

Manaj is now BARCALONAS 2nd ST with Auguero out till November.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:03 am Manaj is now BARCALONAS 2nd ST with Auguero out till November.
I don't want to see him stay unless Aguero leaving is confirmed and perhaps Depay too because getting 500 minutes a year on low wages or maybe not even that is not worth it. Unless all you want is IG followers bc you play for Barca.
artan

Sugar Ray has some experience playing the false 9 with the NT. I wonder if Barca will play him in a Messi role?
CanaYouDoIt

Now confirmed Broja on loan to Southampton. It’s a great move imo , he will have a role their and they are patient with youth. They also play attacking football so he’ll have plenty of chances. Let’s hope he takes it, it’s a big risk to start at 20 in the PL not many have done that but he’s taken big steps his whole career so far . I think he will do fine . Most physical league will do him good for us.
Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:52 am [
You don't need to be 1.90m to be good at hold-up play haha thats ridiculous, it's about how well you can trap the ball/short passes/play with your back to goal. Depay is 5'9 and excellent at this, 6 foot is fine if you're good at it lol, at least give him that, he is good at winning headers as well. This is not the 60s where every forward has to be 6'4.

Speaking of Aguero is out for at least three months, lol. And he may not even stay. Manaj in a Barca shirt?

Yeah but have you seen Depay?? Dude is built like a tank with great upper strength. Manaj is a skinny little twig who has to get rid of the ball fast or he's gonna lose it and defenders bully him.

When I think of great hold up play I think of Bogdani, Muriqi, Nuhiu. Someone like Balaj is not as tall as them but has great strength. Balaj's flaw at hold up play is the fact that he has terrible touch and struggles trapping the ball and passing it successfully. Manaj has neither the size or the strength. His touch is mediocre at best too.
artan

Manaj's only redeeming quality is that he's a pitbull and that he's very good at penalties. He really needs to find a team that will give him minutes (a professional team) because if he continues to rot in Barcelona he may be playing for Kukesi soon. He's been given way too many chances in his career.
Dallku

Albania will have 11 players in top 4 leagues for the upcoming season.

Remains to be seen what happens with Manaj.

Then you have a bunch of others like Muci, Uzuni, Xhaka, etc who play for the best teams in their leagues.

Albania is actually looking very professional.
CanaYouDoIt

Will struggle to beat Andorra though . Thanks Reja
  • Information