Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku

Next season he should go anywhere else but Southampton. Broja has his flaws but going 4 months without a chance on goal is a team problem too. All the goals he scored were individual efforts.

Many people oppose a Serie A move but honestly playing for one of the top teams there would be fun to watch. Look what it did to Tammy Abraham who's considered one of the best in Europe now.

That's if they are even interested anymore. I can imagine his value/interest has dropped a lot.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Southampton sucking is not an excuse for Broja falling asleep on the pitch.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:40 pm Southampton sucking is not an excuse for Broja falling asleep on the pitch.
Thats a lazy criticism of him .

Bedernak who is a CB with 4 goals is their 5th top goalscorer this year. Broja is 2nd to JWP who is a set piece master. They are just bad
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:33 pm Next season he should go anywhere else but Southampton. Broja has his flaws but going 4 months without a chance on goal is a team problem too. All the goals he scored were individual efforts.

Many people oppose a Serie A move but honestly playing for one of the top teams there would be fun to watch. Look what it did to Tammy Abraham who's considered one of the best in Europe now.

That's if they are even interested anymore. I can imagine his value/interest has dropped a lot.
His value would not have dropped much at all. He is a 20 year old with Home grown status, English player tax will always boost their value
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:31 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:52 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:48 pm
I changed game after the first half but there was one sequence where Ward Prowse put in an amazing cross and he didn't even try to jump for it, when he probably would have scored if he did. Instead just went to Raya's hands.

He also wasn't pressing much from what I saw and struggling to hold up the ball, nearly costing a goal when their CB dispossessed him in Southampton half.

It's hard to tell if this is a dip in form or opponents adjusting to his game, perhaps both. But at the moment he has a quite one dimensional game and needs to add more facets to it to become consistent.
Not pressing much ? How much more pressing do you want him to do man. Almost got a goal off Raja when he blocked his kick. Didnt stop pressing the whole 90.

Again, you're talking about him not competing for every single header no matter how small a chance he has. These are not even half chances. Its not opponents adjusting to him, he and the other Southampton STs have zero chances.
I only watched a half, but he had a few opportunities to score only in that half.

And you can do other things as a ST, not just score. Holding up play, winning headers, passing/chance creation when you drop deep, but he's lacking a lot of it and that's the issue with him not scoring, because when he doesn't he doesn't seem to do much.

Could blame the team but playing for a worse team has pros as well as cons. Playing for a worse/defensive team who are usually in their own half means you have a ton of space in front of you to get in behind and run with the ball, and that suits him, the reason why he is so impressive with Albania. Teams disrespect us and play with a super high line and he can find space there.

When you play for a good team like Chelsea, teams usually park the bus and you won't have that space, you need to play within tight areas with small error margins to create space for a goal. Which is probably why Broja didn't impress against Georgia a month or two ago. So saying he will improve his goal tally instantly with a better team isn't necessarily true, his playstyle suits a counter attacking team more than a dominant one.
Those few opportunities you are talking about would have been world class level finishes. A half volley from 18 yards is not a chance but any stretch, he also created a chance on his left that would've been offside anyway.

That team systemically is flawed, asking Broja to press like crazy, then you are expecting him to create chances, finish ridiculous chances, he isn't prime Messi or Ronaldo lmao.

When you play for a big team you actually get chances rather than running around chasing nothing like he is. His first 2 years in the pros he has outperformed his XG, so in reality he should have scored less.
CanaYouDoIt

If he played for someone like Brighton who create loads of chances we would have seen him score 10+ this year, he almost did anyway in this crap team.

And above all I have to keep reminding you he is 20 years old.
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:55 pm

Great talents are great talents because they are better than what their age suggests.

If you have to say "he's only x years old" that doesn't make him look good.
Princ

Betting favorite Ajaccio needed a win tonight at Grenoble to stay 3 points ahead of Auxerre, who took out Le Havre on the road.

All comes down to the final match day now, where Ajaccio will host top seed Toulouse, while looking to secure a full 3 points for promotion. Last time these teams met, Qazim Laci scored 2 huge goals to take a point back home to Corsica.

Go on boys.. Get ‘er done!
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:42 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:55 pm

Great talents are great talents because they are better than what their age suggests.

If you have to say "he's only x years old" that doesn't make him look good.

He is better than his age suggests . He’s the only 20 year old ST in the league . And in the Prem show me the list of 20 year old STs over the last 10 years.

Guys like Kane , Lewandowski were doing loans in Leicester and playing in Poland at that age. It’s context . You don’t expect a 20 year old to be the finished product . Some of you are acting that way
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:20 pm

He is better than his age suggests . He’s the only 20 year old ST in the league . And in the Prem show me the list of 20 year old STs over the last 10 years.

Guys like Kane , Lewandowski were doing loans in Leicester and playing in Poland at that age. It’s context . You don’t expect a 20 year old to be the finished product . Some of you are acting that way

Ok but keep it mind that drastic development/improvement is not guaranteed for young players. It's actually extremely rare. Broja has potential but just because he's playing in the EPL now while Lewa played in Poland at his age doesn't mean that Broja will become a better player than Lewa or even anywhere near his caliber.
  • Information