Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku

^ Same Osimhen that all the top EPL teams are fighting to get right now?

Mitrovic is at his prime rotting in 2nd divisions playing against u21 players. There is a reason for that.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:55 pm ^ Same Osimhen that all the top EPL teams are fighting to get right now?

Mitrovic is at his prime rotting in 2nd divisions playing against u21 players. There is a reason for that.
What has Osimhen done to be compared with a player like Mitrovic, who has scored double digits EPL, 43 in the Championship, and ripped the net of the best countries in the world.
Dallku

Princ wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:02 pm

What has Osimhen done to be compared with a player like Mitrovic,
Succeed in a top league, unlike Mitrovic.

If Mitrovic was so great an EPL team(even relegation) would've kept him but nope.

Impressive stats by Mitro in an amateur league though. He must be as good as Giaccomo Vrioni!
CanaYouDoIt

The championship is still the 2nd division, but the level isn’t amateurish, it’s certainly better than most countries top divisions.

Mitrovic is a good ST, look at his international record , he just played for the worst team in the PL. But he’s a Serb so I can think of many serie A STs better including Manaj
CanaYouDoIt

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:01 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:42 pm

But the PL is a tier above. Other leagues have elite teams like Bayern or Real but the quality nose dives after that in comparison.

Salah isn’t a ST but that doesn’t matter. It would be a step back for Broja to play in a worse league compared to playing in the PL. you’re forgetting he has a solid chance to get a large number of mins for Chelsea
How can it be a step back for Broja going to Milan, Inter or Napoli? They’re all better teams than Southampton and Serie A defensively is better than EPL. He’d get much more service there and he can score more. At Southampton most of his goals came out of nothing, mostly from his own actions. AC Milan strategy doesn’t let them buy Lukaku or Salah and he is the perfect kind of player for Maldini. Also having around confirmed players like Ibra and Giroud can help him grow a lot but in reality i don’t see how this can happen.
The level of the Serie A is lower and I disagree that they are better at defending, it’s not the 90s anymore.

It’s a backwards step in terms of the league. Does anyone disagree ?
Plako
Team: Partizani

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:23 pm The level of the Serie A is lower and I disagree that they are better at defending, it’s not the 90s anymore.

It’s a backwards step in terms of the league. Does anyone disagree ?
He needs to develop his game and take a page from Halaand who stayed in Bundesliga for 2 years instead of making the jump to EPL right away. It's more important he get play time and develop tactically instead of spending another season in some mediocre EPL team.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Another goal from Vrioni.

Recently every ball he touches is a goal. With that he ties Adeyemi for top scorer

Let's go Jack
Dallku

His stats are insane.

Having said that, the highlights always blow your mind. Sorry but how is he so open in the penalty area??

https://twitter.com/SkySportAustria/sta ... 7298200576
CanaYouDoIt

I watched these last 10 mins of the game and there is zero defence, I'm talking Albanian league level incompetence. Just insanely high lines and so disorganised. I can see why Southampton are the same with Hassenhuttl being Austrian.
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:37 pm I watched these last 10 mins of the game and there is zero defence, I'm talking Albanian league level incompetence. Just insanely high lines and so disorganised. I can see why Southampton are the same with Hassenhuttl being Austrian.
It's Albanian league with slightly higher tempo. The players are just fitter than Albanian leaguers but the technical/tactical level is about the same.

Either way very painful to watch. Vrioni is not without potential though. It will be interesting to see how he copes in a stronger environment. Hopefully he's not another Salihi.
  • Information