Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku

And Balaj also started in that victory vs Hungary.

Does that mean we should always start Balaj? lol

Not surprised Keidi is starting. Now he needs to keep it.
artan

Princ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:28 pm
Dallku wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:24 pm Using this logic:

Hysaj beat Portugal and qualified Albania to the Euros..

Let's not forget that what got Albania over the hump was that victory against Norway away in 2013.. on Hysaj's NT debut. Coincidence?
Examples are from 7 years ago when said player was young and hungry.

Nobody is saying Hysaj is a bad fullback, but Doka has proven to be a better option at the moment.
This might be the worst take I’ve seen on this forum lol
Princ

Dallku wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:36 pm And Balaj also started in that victory vs Hungary.

Does that mean we should always start Balaj? lol

Not surprised Keidi is starting. Now he needs to keep it.
Strikers are more interchangeable since they do not play as big a role defensively. Albania scored winner from the Balaj substitution, so he can be replaced.

Important thing is the core of the team, the midfield and defense, stays intact. I will make it very simple, without Doka keeping Leipzig star Szobozlai in his pocket, Albania is already eliminated!
Princ

artan wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:49 pm This might be the worst take I’ve seen on this forum lol
Hardly worse than when you claimed Lenjani had a better career than Roshi :zgerdhimje:
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Princ it would be easier to hear you out if you said what you thought Doka does better than Hysaj then it's easier to properly respond. Right now Hysaj has everything over Doka but pace.
Princ

RedFootballs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:03 pm Princ it would be easier to hear you out if you said what you thought Doka does better than Hysaj then it's easier to properly respond. Right now Hysaj has everything over Doka but pace.
I do not like to get into personal opinions on what I believe one player does better than the other.

The results do the talking but I will add that Doka is obviously younger and hungrier than Hysaj.
artan

Princ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:07 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:03 pm Princ it would be easier to hear you out if you said what you thought Doka does better than Hysaj then it's easier to properly respond. Right now Hysaj has everything over Doka but pace.
I do not like to get into personal opinions on what I believe one player does better than the other.

The results do the talking but I will add that Doka is obviously younger and hungrier than Hysaj.
Doka is not even a starter for a mid table Croatian team while Hysaj has been a starter for Napoli and Lazio.

What’s next Hoxhallari is a better option than Gymcity?
Princ

artan wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:12 pm Doka is not even a starter for a mid table Croatian team while Hysaj has been a starter for Napoli and Lazio.

Hysaj has played 450 minutes this season in all competitions with his club, while Doka has played 391.

Not a big difference at all there.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Princ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:26 pm
artan wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:12 pm Doka is not even a starter for a mid table Croatian team while Hysaj has been a starter for Napoli and Lazio.

Hysaj has played 450 minutes this season in all competitions with his club, while Doka has played 391.

Not a big difference at all there.
Whilst Lazio have 4 league games played and HNK Gorica have 9.

So Doka is a rotation option for HNK Gorica and Hysaj is a starter for Lazio. It's obvious who's having the better time at club level which is again why I say it would help more if you specifically said why Doka is more beneficial to us as nothing suggests he is near Hysaj's level.
Dallku

Keidi with a great assist after stealing the ball and then dribbling past a few players. But it might get disallowed because his teammate was probably offside.

The best thing about Keidi is that he's always so active. Always demands the ball, argues with teammates, etc..
  • Information