Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Princ

Zhegrova scores a super goal to give Lille a point on the road.

2 goals in 103 minutes of play Ligue 1..
artan

Dallku wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:31 pm
artan wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:12 pm http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/ka-hum ... -vetem-se/

Muci looks like a flop. Shame because he has technical talent but from a tactical standpoint he is limited. Without the ball at his feet he doesn't do much (runs, hold up play, etc) which will probably mean he'll be back in the Superliga soon.
It's like Sherif Kallaku. These dudes play like someone is holding a gun to their head and forcing them. It's just an Albania problem that it can't produce professionals.
Muci atleast had some good performances with Legia and does look like he has the talent to be in a bigger league whereas I never saw that with Kallaku. Also in Muci's defense you can say Legia aren't using him correctly. I wonder how this would be different if a team from Holland signed him and he played in a more possession/attacking style .

But you're right on that last part. These guys Football IQ and professionalism are terrible. They're either to stupid or lazy to try and be all around players. Makes you appreciate a guy like Uzuini more because he's the opposite of a Muci/Kallaku/Vajushi
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Both with Muci and Kallaku when I watched them, I didn't see much wrong with their game. They seemed both very technical and were making very little errors. Kallaku was always the best passer in the pitch in those few games he played.

Their only problem was falling asleep on the pitch. They take no initiative and just disappear. Mentality is a huge problem with Balkan players. You can't just disappear in the background.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

^ The irony is that they disappear even in the Albanian league. Partizani fans are very unhappy with Kallaku. Do you know how bad you have to be to struggle in the Alb league??

Muci didn't dominate in Tirana either. He showed glimpses of talent here and there but didn't dominate like let's say Taulant Seferi is doing right now.

I guess the main thing is that if you don't dominate in the Albanian league you'll struggle anywhere abroad. Can't think of any examples proving otherwise.
artan

Dallku wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:49 pm ^ The irony is that they disappear even in the Albanian league. Partizani fans are very unhappy with Kallaku. Do you know how bad you have to be to struggle in the Alb league??

Muci didn't dominate in Tirana either. He showed glimpses of talent here and there but didn't dominate like let's say Taulant Seferi is doing right now.

I guess the main thing is that if you don't dominate in the Albanian league you'll struggle anywhere abroad. Can't think of any examples proving otherwise.
Muci definitely did dominate the Albanian league and was the best player in Albania before his transfer. His problem is he plays more of a traditional #10 and doesn’t have the workrate or instincts to try and be a goal scorer whereas Seferi is essentially a goal poacher who is one step above the rest of the league.

It’s also why Muci will struggle abroad because I doubt many teams will give the keys to their offense to an albanian superliga player, especially nowadays where players of his type are a dying breed. Unless he starts to become a dog defensively he may just follow the path of Hyka, Vajushi, etc.
Dallku

artan wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:24 pm
Muci definitely did dominate the Albanian league and was the best player in Albania before his transfer. His problem is he plays more of a traditional #10 and doesn’t have the workrate or instincts to try and be a goal scorer whereas Seferi is essentially a goal poacher who is one step above the rest of the league.

It’s also why Muci will struggle abroad because I doubt many teams will give the keys to their offense to an albanian superliga player, especially nowadays where players of his type are a dying breed. Unless he starts to become a dog defensively he may just follow the path of Hyka, Vajushi, etc.

Muci didn't dominate shit. Last season he played in Albania he finished with 5 goals in 20 games. Most of them probably penalties.

Muci was glorified because: 1) His age 2) Tirana product so by default media will worship him. 3) Technical ability above other Alb leaguers. Still considering that his product on the field wasn't all that. He was inconsistent and passive.

Just look at Muci for the u21.. Nonexistent more of often than not. It's a big red flag when you don't stand out for the u21 just like it is for the Superliga.

Seferi is not dominating by being just a poacher. He's actually destroying everyone with his dribbling and assists too. I think someone like Seferi could do well in Croatia, Hungary and Poland.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:49 pm I guess the main thing is that if you don't dominate in the Albanian league you'll struggle anywhere abroad. Can't think of any examples proving otherwise.
What about the giant of Kosovo?
CanaYouDoIt

I wouldn’t say Muci dominated but he showed characteristics that Albanians rarely have. And even for Legia , at the start of the season he was producing moments of magic.

He just hasn’t had the development he needed yet. And he’s still very young , if he becomes 25/6 and he’s still in the middling leagues of Croatia that’s when it’s a problem but he has time . Legia also haven’t figured out how to use him properly and are struggling as a whole club right now.
Dallku

Princ wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:55 pm
Dallku wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:49 pm I guess the main thing is that if you don't dominate in the Albanian league you'll struggle anywhere abroad. Can't think of any examples proving otherwise.
What about the giant of Kosovo?

Muriqi is a good exception. His transformation in Turkey is definitely bizarre and unique.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Being a footballer is more than the simple sum of all your skills. Sometimes you can clearly see why some players don't reach the top. They have glaring weaknesses. But sometimes you don't see anything obviously wrong with a player. They have a bunch of good skills, no glaring weaknesses but still fail to do anything career wise.

I just chuck this up to (1) mentality (2) physical energy/endurance. Look at Broja. He can look world class one second, and then just disappears the other. Top players are ones who try 100% every single game. That's why CR7 has had such a long career. He leaves this heart in the field every single time.

Uzuni is not more technically gifted than Muci, but his enthusiasm/energy is way higher, and it paid off. If Muci had Uzuni's energy/work ethic, he'd be a lot more successful career wise. You have to be a generational talent or something close to that to compensate for a shit attitude.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information