Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

CanaYouDoIt

Find it funny how we have to prove our people are actually Albanian. Even though he's born in NM , he should be classified as an Albanian even by then so that on its own should be enough. But he has Albannian citizenship anyway . Defo the Swiss being difficult.
artan

Plako wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:16 am
artan wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:57 am I'm pretty sure Bajrami is eligbile for us. The rule changes seemed to have favor dual nationality players as if you don't have 3 or more matches played in a senior World Cup/Eurp Curo before the plater turns 21 you can make a switch (qualifiers don't count). I don't think they changed the rule for players over 21.

I'm guessing FIFA didn't give the green light because documentation proving Bajrami's connections to Albania may be grey (as in parent or grandparent having citizenship or being born in Albania). Maybe FIFA is cracking down on this rule going forward? I think eventually he'll play for us though as the connection is pretty clear.
How is the connection to Albania clear though? He was born in Tetov, NM. Or does the fact that he has Albanian citizenship now shows the connection?
It's not clear and that's the problem. I'm just assuming the fact we poached previous players from Kosovo/Macedonia without those guys having clear connections to Albania than it'd be the same with Bajrami. If FIFA goes more strict on this rule then we might miss out on him for awhile I guess.

But I'm just guessing documentation/paperwork wasn't submitted in time.
plisi

So Bajrami refused to go to the U21 European tournament with Switzerland just so he could play with Albania and he won't be able to?

https://forumidardan.medium.com/fundi-i ... 3bbb7a238d
CanaYouDoIt

Yeah guys the future of our national teams is bleak , this new rule basically screws us over and helps the bigger nations. Nice on FIFA you corrupt pricks.

Say goodbye to anyone who ever represents another U21 team
CanaYouDoIt

That means no Bajrami , Toma , Berisha etc

Just field them anyway , who are FIFA to tell us they're not Albanian
Plako
Team: Partizani

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:57 am Tetov was part of Albania during WWII. They can’t unprove that. I guess the swiss didn’t give the green light or some documentation issues...
I doubt Tetova being part of Fascist Albania during WWII would hold much water as an argument. The fact that he now holds Albanian citizenship would definitely help our case more.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Plako wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:11 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:57 am Tetov was part of Albania during WWII. They can’t unprove that. I guess the swiss didn’t give the green light or some documentation issues...
I doubt Tetova being part of Fascist Albania during WWII would hold much water as an argument. The fact that he now holds Albanian citizenship would definitely help our case more.
That’s to prove that his grandparents at a historical moment had Albanian citizenship. That is a condition to prove his ties to Albania.

The new FIFA rule “ In September 2020, the 70th edition of the FIFA Congress approved a rule change that now allows players to switch if they have played no more than three competitive matches at senior level prior to them turning 21.“

It says senior level not U21.

The previous rules stated that players who were not born in the territory and had no parents or grandparents born in the territory of a country they hold nationality for must have lived there continuously for at least five years after the age of 18 in order to be eligible for the national team.

The new wording of FIFA’s regulations means that as well as living somewhere for five years after the age of 18, players who started living in a country before the age of 10 can be eligible after living there for three years, and those who started living there after the age of 10 can be eligible after five years.

FIFA’s new eligibility rules appear to be more about tying up loose ends rather than making drastic changes. They also appear to have enough safeguards to prevent some national teams exploiting them like Qatar with Brasilian players...
So proving Bajrami’s grandparents connection to Albania is a must.

Page 29 https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload ... 8yp3rvfbmi
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Edit. Seems like The only solution from now on is to give these Swiss and German talents the Albanian citizenship at the age of 19 and hope once they turn 21 some of them will play for us.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

I think FIFA will end up backing down on this. It's a completely unpredecented rule that's not been applied in this manner ever.

We should try and call up domgjoni.
CanaYouDoIt

Domgjoni is also now not allowed to switch over, its a new rule that's why.
  • Information