Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Plako
Team: Partizani

Redijupison wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:47 am Nedim Bajrami has to step it up, has been a total disappointment after joining the NT with all that hype
For real. I can't recall a game where he performed well.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Bit late but given we were discussing it some time ago, the MLS salary figures did get released a couple months ago and they show Vrioni is earning $1.7 million per year (a very large amount for a player who hasn't even proven to be top5 league level yet).

There is absolutely no way any small relegation team is matching that wage for him to be a bench player or something. Getafe would pay him like 500k max.

Therefore I see why he went to the MLS. Probably hasn't even made that money in his entire career let alone one year and just wanted to cash out on that small hype he had after the season in Austria.
artan

RedFootballs wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:14 pm Bit late but given we were discussing it some time ago, the MLS salary figures did get released a couple months ago and they show Vrioni is earning $1.7 million per year (a very large amount for a player who hasn't even proven to be top5 league level yet).

There is absolutely no way any small relegation team is matching that wage for him to be a bench player or something. Getafe would pay him like 500k max.

Therefore I see why he went to the MLS. Probably hasn't even made that money in his entire career let alone one year and just wanted to cash out on that small hype he had after the season in Austria.
The MLS team also offered 3.6 mil euros as a transfer fee. Like you said way too much money for a below average goal poacher. For the MLS team the idea makes sense the way their salary cap is structured and how a young designated player only counts for a small fraction of their cap space but for a struggling first division team (with the exception of English clubs) it's a big gamble.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

RedFootballs wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:14 pm Bit late but given we were discussing it some time ago, the MLS salary figures did get released a couple months ago and they show Vrioni is earning $1.7 million per year (a very large amount for a player who hasn't even proven to be top5 league level yet).

MLS quality has increased drastically because of $$. I'd say they're on par with Dutch or Belgian leagues at this point.

I'm not going to name names but 12 years ago I knew people who were playing there and were essentially broke irl :lol:
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:56 pm

MLS quality has increased drastically because of $$. I'd say they're on par with Dutch or Belgian leagues at this point.

I'm not going to name names but 12 years ago I knew people who were playing there and were essentially broke irl :lol:
Yes, the average salary 12 years ago was probably $80k-$100k with many players on minimum contracts getting paid around $44k a year. A $200k salary was considered high back then. The league has improved but the league is still diluted with all the new expansion teams. A professional league that has 28 teams is going to be watered down especially since half of the league was founded in the past 15 years. You can have legit players ie Puig the former Barca "prodigy" or Almada who made Argentina's WC team (both who can definitely be playing for some Europa League team) playing next to some amateur player.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:12 pm Yes, the average salary 12 years ago was probably $80k-$100k with many players on minimum contracts getting paid around $44k a year. A $200k salary was considered high back then. The league has improved but the league is still diluted with all the new expansion teams. A professional league that has 28 teams is going to be watered down especially since half of the league was founded in the past 15 years. You can have legit players ie Puig the former Barca "prodigy" or Almada who made Argentina's WC team (both who can definitely be playing for some Europa League team) playing next to some amateur player.
True, but even in Holland or Belgium the relegation level teams are not that far off from mediocre teams in Albania or Croatia.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Another knee injury for another Chelsea player . Hmmmm might be a them problem
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:34 pm Another knee injury for another Chelsea player . Hmmmm might be a them problem

How are they the problem for Broja sticking his leg in a very awkward position? That was a freak injury but 100% on him.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:25 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:34 pm Another knee injury for another Chelsea player . Hmmmm might be a them problem

How are they the problem for Broja sticking his leg in a very awkward position? That was a freak injury but 100% on him.
Unlucky injury but the number of knee injuries they've had recently is concerning
CanaYouDoIt

Looks like Haveri getting his move to Torino after all. Need him to step up because we have zero competent LBs rn.
  • Information