Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

CanaYouDoIt

Muriqi 5 G/A in 12. Not bad at all for a scrub.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:14 pm Muriqi 5 G/A in 12. Not bad at all for a scrub.
It's a pretty bad average
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:53 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:14 pm Muriqi 5 G/A in 12. Not bad at all for a scrub.
Its not too bad for a team in the relegation fight. Better than Manaj. Plus a beast on the international scene.
Dallku

And yet you praise Manaj who has 3 goal contributions + a pen in 25 games.
RedFootballs

Dallku wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:47 am

Manaj's NPG average is actually better than his. Muriqi averages a NPG every 540 minutes. Both of them have bad numbers. Muriqi has 2npg in 1100 mins. You give me a great example for the points I've previously made, bc just like Manaj, Muriqi probably contributes a lot of other things rather than goals.

Your dim view where strikers are judged only on numbers especially for relegation teams is stupid. Both of those two are starting players who the manager has a lot of trust in, yet they don't score many goals. What else could they possibly do other than goals, right?

The answer is different things are expected when you play in a team fighting relegation, not just to score goals. A concept which I'm sure you'll grasp with this example of Muriqi.
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:31 pm

Manaj's NPG average is actually better than his. Muriqi averages a NPG every 540 minutes. Both of them have bad numbers. Muriqi has 2npg in 1100 mins. You give me a great example for the points I've previously made about Manaj.

Your dim view where strikers are judged only on numbers especially for relegation teams is stupid. Both of those two are starting players who the manager has a lot of trust in, yet they don't score many goals. What else could they possibly do other than goals, right?

The answer is different things are expected when you play in a team fighting relegation, not just to score goals. A concept which I'm sure you'll grasp with this example of Muriqi.
Muriqi has 5 G+A in 12 games (1079 mins) = avg 215.8
Manaj 4 G+A in 25 (1376 mins) = avg 344

Muriqi is simply the better player, more physically imposing too. And on the international scene its not particularly close.

The main point is, Manaj is just bad. Muriqi is also just average at club level but he has redeaming qualities.
RedFootballs

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:39 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:31 pm

Manaj's NPG average is actually better than his. Muriqi averages a NPG every 540 minutes. Both of them have bad numbers. Muriqi has 2npg in 1100 mins. You give me a great example for the points I've previously made about Manaj.

Muriqi has 5 G+A in 12 games (1079 mins) = avg 215.8
Manaj 4 G+A in 25 (1376 mins) = avg 344

Muriqi is simply the better player, more physically imposing too. And on the international scene its not particularly close.

The main point is, Manaj is just bad. Muriqi is also just average at club level but he has redeaming qualities.
Then take away the pens and it's not that different at all. Which my whole point.

Muriqi is likely the better player but its not reflected through his stats, because he probably does other things for Mallorca like win headers and hold up the ball and win fouls which defy his bad statistics. That's why I said Manaj is doing a good job in Spezia because his performances have been good without the goals.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Muriqi shouldn't even be in the same conversation as Manaj. Cika might be more comparable to him but Muriqi so far has had a better career both at club and International level.
Dallku

Myrto already lost his place in Granada?

On the bench of the second game straight.
RedFootballs

New coach.
  • Information