Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:13 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:45 pm
Show me another striker we have that has a:

Don't think anybody is or can argue that. We all know that by Albanian standards he's light years better than everyone. Even if he gets buried on the bench at Southampton he'll still be the best Albanian striker.

Every discussion about Broja relates to where he stands by world standards and what his potential is.
Yes and by world standards he had one of the best seasons by a 19/20 year old in the PL for a long time. No one better than him his age this year and a very long time since we've had someone that young in the league have the levels of impact he did.

I keep repeating this because I feel like people on here are expecting too much too soon, its his 2nd pro season ever, first in the Prem and as I said guys his age never start or score in the league.

Outside of Michael Owen/Rooney , which shows how rare it is considering that was 20 years ago
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:38 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:45 pm

Don't think anybody is or can argue that. We all know that by Albanian standards he's light years better than everyone. Even if he gets buried on the bench at Southampton he'll still be the best Albanian striker.

Every discussion about Broja relates to where he stands by world standards and what his potential is.
Yes and by world standards he had one of the best seasons by a 19/20 year old in the PL for a long time. No one better than him his age this year and a very long time since we've had someone that young in the league have the levels of impact he did.

I keep repeating this because I feel like people on here are expecting too much too soon, its his 2nd pro season ever, first in the Prem and as I said guys his age never start or score in the league.

Outside of Michael Owen/Rooney , which shows how rare it is considering that was 20 years ago
You support Arsenal right? Saka and ESR just from them
Princ

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:19 am Diant Ramaj's Frankfurt team won the EL. Congrats to him !
5 stars for an excellent display of road safety and awareness, after a long season of driving the bus..

Well done Diant!
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:45 pm

They are not STs are they ?
RedFootballs

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:29 pm

I would argue it makes their figures more impressive if they are scoring from midfield and the wings. But there have been guys sub 20 at striker too who scored far more in recent years, I remember Martial put double digits when he was 19. He hasn't improved a bit since then.

It's fair to say Broja has a lot of time to improve hugely but I wouldn't say this season was great. It was ok overall but disappointing after his hot start.
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:45 pm

I would argue it makes their figures more impressive if they are scoring from midfield and the wings. But there have been guys sub 20 at striker too who scored far more in recent years, I remember Martial put double digits when he was 19. He hasn't improved a bit since then.

It's fair to say Broja has a lot of time to improve hugely but I wouldn't say this season was great. It was ok overall but disappointing after his hot start.
Just proves my point that you have to use Martial, that was years ago and he was one of the biggest talents at the time, he cost what over £50m ?

You can argue that its more impressive but in today's football they are the players who get most the goals and historically have found it easier to translate into senior football. Now none of this discredits Broja doing this in the Prem at his age, it just doesn't happen often.
RedFootballs

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:49 pm

Just proves my point that you have to use Martial, that was years ago and he was one of the biggest talents at the time, he cost what over £50m ?

You can argue that its more impressive but in today's football they are the players who get most the goals and historically have found it easier to translate into senior football. Now none of this discredits Broja doing this in the Prem at his age, it just doesn't happen often.
Sure he's done well to find consistent playing time but on this season I wouldn't put him in a bracket with top young talents. With 6 goals he doesn't really stand out and there have been guys more recent than that, Greenwood was doing double digits even younger than Broja before he got exposed for being a sex offender.

Yes, you can say well Saka, ESR and formerly Greenwood etc are players worth 50+m but by your post you would also put Broja in that bracket, he didn't show it so far.

He's a high ceiling low floor type of player and you never know how far those will go, if they ever put it all together, find the right coach etc.
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:00 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:49 pm

Sure he's done well to find consistent playing time but on this season I wouldn't put him in a bracket with top young talents. With 6 goals he doesn't really stand out and there have been guys more recent than that, Greenwood was doing double digits even younger than Broja before he got exposed for being a sex offender.

Yes, you can say well Saka, ESR and formerly Greenwood etc are players worth 50+m but by your post you would also put Broja in that bracket, he didn't show it so far.

He's a high ceiling low floor type of player and you never know how far those will go, if they ever put it all together, find the right coach etc.
He was playing for a crap Southampton team, those guys are playing for the better teams in the league and its not like he wasn't keeping pace with them. Dont know how you can watch him and say he doesn't stand out.

Find me the list of STs under 20 in the Prem over the last decade, its not a long list and there's a reason for that.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I really hope Asllani doesn't get stuck in a Kumbulla-type trap. Rise too quickly, go to a bigger team but don't have enough clout to replace the existing players, but you can't go to a smaller team because of salary.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:45 pm Armando Broja’s first season in EPL as a 19/20 years old player has been above average for young strikers. We all noticed him not trying to impress during last games (althrough his team mates were servicing him rarely) but i think he has switched his head from S’ton and was already focusing on not picking injuries so he can join Chelsea in pre-season trainings.

- better first touch/ball control
- better/stronger shot on goal
- better hold up play
- faster and dribbles better than him?

Even if he ends up playing for a low ranking EPL team he’d be miles ahead of any other striker we have. Epl is 5 times better than Serie A. If he was playing in Austria i’m sure he’d easily have over 20 goals.
I'm concerned about the distribution of his performances. He was a star in the first half of the season, then almost nothing except a few flashes in the second season. I'd rather he scored less in the first half and got some in the second half.

It's very likely teams figured him out after a few months, and he's too much of a one-trick pony to come out of it. They just foul him and that's it.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information