Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:47 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:38 pm

I don't think anyone is that nailed on anymore. I would take him, of course, I always liked him as a player, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see some important player dropped.

Tuci's stats in HNL don't look that good but Sparta paid a fair fee for him so he must have been doing ok.

Why would Laci get dropped and for who? He's guaranteed to make it. Only question is if he starts. He's the third CM right now.
I doubt he would start. Ramadani/Asllani/Bajrami are the nailed on starters. I think we may see the return of Gjasula.

For some reason I thought our midfield crop was better than it was but Bare seems struggling so it probably will be those 4 or 5 above in the midfield.
artan

You can't touch the Ramadani/Asllani partnership. That's a great pairing and they play off eachother so well and Laci doesn't have the IQ and discipline to imitate Ramadani's style. I think Laci in place for Bajrami in the midfield could be an option since Laci provides more defensive ability and alot of workrate. But this is only an option if the manager goes more attacking in the three attacking positions, if he's going to continue to play Seferi and Cikaleshi then you can't bench Bajrami who is one of the few counter attacking threats on the team.
Redijupison

Lol, Manaj is having a great season and isn't NT worthy according to some, but Laçi having a great game should should start over our most consistent midfielder and a Serie A starter :lol2:
artan

Redijupison wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:28 pm Lol, Manaj is having a great season and isn't NT worthy according to some, but Laçi having a great game should should start over our most consistent midfielder and a Serie A starter :lol2:
I don't think Laci should replace Bajrami but there could be an argument for it as Laci has some qualities that Bajrami doesn't and playing against big teams you might need those qualities. Inserting Laci could give Silvio more freedom to put an attacking threat in place of Seferi and Cikaleshi such as simply moving Bajrami as a winger and playing Broja.

But there is no argument in having Manaj in the lineup.
Dallku

Man I thought Broja went to fullham for play time but looks like he's getting less minutes there than at Chelsea lol...

Kumbulla too... but his fitness is probably not there yet. Sassoulo's defense is horrible so he could help them.

These guys need to start getting some minutes. At least Asllani has an excuse (Second best team in the world)
RedFootballs

Dallku wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:49 pm Man I thought Broja went to fullham for play time but looks like he's getting less minutes there than at Chelsea lol...

Kumbulla too... but his fitness is probably not there yet. Sassoulo's defense is horrible so he could help them.

These guys need to start getting some minutes. At least Asllani has an excuse (Second best team in the world)
He might not be good enough for the Prem at the moment or be suited to play there anymore.

Hugely a player reliant on his athleticism and if this injury affected that by any notable degree he might not be scoring again for a while.
Redijupison

artan wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:32 pm
Redijupison wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:28 pm Lol, Manaj is having a great season and isn't NT worthy according to some, but Laçi having a great game should should start over our most consistent midfielder and a Serie A starter :lol2:
I don't think Laci should replace Bajrami but there could be an argument for it as Laci has some qualities that Bajrami doesn't and playing against big teams you might need those qualities. Inserting Laci could give Silvio more freedom to put an attacking threat in place of Seferi and Cikaleshi such as simply moving Bajrami as a winger and playing Broja.

But there is no argument in having Manaj in the lineup.
Broja is playing like shit, why should he be considered as an absolute starter, if he continues like this? IMO, if Manaj continues to score goals, it'll be stupid not to include him in the team and why not as a starter, too?! Bajrami plays his best football as SS or AM, that's why he's flopping with Sassuolo playing on the sides
RedFootballs

Redijupison

I'm rooting for him to replicate what Muriqi did in Turkey and then move to a top 4 league!
RedFootballs

Redijupison wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:20 pm I'm rooting for him to replicate what Muriqi did in Turkey and then move to a top 4 league!
It's interesting because Muriqi's best season there was 17 goals in 3000 minutes, currently Manaj is on 14 goals in 1600 minutes, so if we carried over Manajs min/goal to 3000 and assumed it continued, he will end with 27-28 goals this season, which would be crazy. There are 11 games left and probably he will play 90 in all of them, I am guessing he will close the season with 20-22 goals.

However of course we must consider Muriqi is a world-class duelist and target man and that's his main strength. Manaj's goalscoring will need to carry over to the top5 leagues somewhat for him to be successful.

I think it's possible, his movement, strength, and technique are great together, I'm just worried about the finishing because he was very bad in finishing in his past clubs (very good this season but against weaker GKs). If he can fix that, he might turn out to be what people thought he would.
  • Information