Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

Skuka on loan to Maribor in Slovenia. I get Metz is a strong second division team that ended up getting promoted that didn't have a need for him but it's not a good look when he can barely get time. All the recent Superliga exports have been flops and I still don't understand why teams pay for these players.

Seems like Muci is the only one that actually showed he can play in another league but Albania.
Dallku

artan wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:52 pm Skuka on loan to Maribor in Slovenia. I get Metz is a strong second division team that ended up getting promoted that didn't have a need for him but it's not a good look when he can barely get time. All the recent Superliga exports have been flops and I still don't understand why teams pay for these players.

Seems like Muci is the only one that actually showed he can play in another league but Albania.

Xhixha failing pretty hard in Azerbaijan, Ismajlgeci failing in Bosnia (wtf?) but it's a worse look for Skuka because he actually lived in France and knows French.

It's a shame but it really highlights the pure amateurism from Albania products. Muci did good to leave early and he actually struggled his first year in Poland but has grown professionally. It also helps that he has some technical ability so his room for error is greater than these others who are pretty bad at everything.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Superliga is barely 1 level above semi-pro. No surprise there. Rrahmani had to play for 3 different Croatian clubs, ultimately ending up at Dinamo Zagreb, before he could go to a bottom table Serie A team.

I also have a hunch that Superliga optimizes for certain football traits/qualities that don't play well in different leagues. So in addition to quality, there might also be a stylistic issue.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:19 am
I also have a hunch that Superliga optimizes for certain football traits/qualities that don't play well in different leagues. So in addition to quality, there might also be a stylistic issue.
I saw somewhere that superliga teams train once a day while everywhere else they train twice a day. Not sure if it's still true in 2023. That would be crazy.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

artan wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:52 pm Skuka on loan to Maribor in Slovenia. I get Metz is a strong second division team that ended up getting promoted that didn't have a need for him but it's not a good look when he can barely get time.
Skuka could played more minutes but let's be honest, it was mission impossible for him to bench best striker of league Mikautadze who has 20 milion euro pricetag. At least Skuka is aware that he should make step back to be able to reach his potential as player unlike Asllani and Kumbulla who are wasting their best years on the bench.
Kuqaloshi maoist
artan

ZenMaster wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:40 am
artan wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:52 pm Skuka on loan to Maribor in Slovenia. I get Metz is a strong second division team that ended up getting promoted that didn't have a need for him but it's not a good look when he can barely get time.
Skuka could played more minutes but let's be honest, it was mission impossible for him to bench best striker of league Mikautadze who has 20 milion euro pricetag. At least Skuka is aware that should he should make step back to be able to reach his potential as player unlike Asllani and Kumbulla who are wasting their best years on the bench.
I don't blame Skuka or Partizani because for that pricetag you have to accept, even if Partizani knew he wasn't going to make it. I also don't think Skuka is a bad player either but the jump was too big, he looked okay from what I've seen of him. Just difficult to break into the lineup when Metz is fighting for promotion.

But the other guys? Celhaka had significant playing time with Tirana at a young age and was a "critical" part of the U21 team. Him getting a total of 15 appearances for Legia (all bench appearances) in two seasons is embarrassing. It's just an awful showing for Albanian players.

It looks like Albania will have to rely on the diaspora talent for the next decade again.
artan

Dallku wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:48 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:19 am
I saw somewhere that superliga teams train once a day while everywhere else they train twice a day. Not sure if it's still true in 2023. That would be crazy.
I wouldn't be surprised if training methods hasn't changed in Albania since 1980/1990. I would seriously doubt any training with film study, using technology, position analysis, etc, is used extensively. I can imagine it's even worse at the youth levels where they just run for a bit and play some scrimmage matches. Which leads me to believe the only players who become professional in Albania are physical/athletic players or goons. Whatever technical players fall through the crack.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

I don't know how reliable are reports that Brighton is interested on Broja but if that's true it would be absolutely criminal by Broja entourage to reject such opportunity.
Kuqaloshi maoist
artan

http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/rei-ma ... radaret-e/

Looks like Manaj to the Turkish Second Division just as I predicted lol. Hopefully the Sugar Ray experiment ends for good.
Dallku

artan wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:30 pm http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/rei-ma ... radaret-e/

Looks like Manaj to the Turkish Second Division just as I predicted lol. Hopefully the Sugar Ray experiment ends for good.

We called it even when he was a starter in Serie a... eye test doesn't lie. Turkish 2nd division was always his level.

Apparently Nelson Weiper had a pretty bad u21 tournament with Germany.
  • Information