Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:54 pm Southampton is like Albania but even worse defensively. No wonder he has to pull stuff out of his ass.
Especially when they have the lead they forget how to play and panic like crazy,
artan

Not surprising. Broja has the potential to be a consistent 15+ goal scorer in the EPL. He has shown flashes on almost every aspect offensively whether it's heading ability, shooting touch, pace, dribble, etc. He's just an overall stud offensively. The only think he really needs to work on his is off ball play along with his stamina but that will come. He reminds me of Diego Costa a bit.

With the way Lukaku and Werner haven't fit at Chelsea it seems like Broja may just be their striker next season or atleast in their rotation. I say this objectively but he's better than Abraham (at Roma now) who was just a tap in merchant with good physical skills like a Danny Welbeck and was able to score 10+ goals for them.
artan

As for Southampton I've noticed they play very quick counter style of play. Redmond seems to be a black hole offensively every time I've seen them play.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

If Broja had the service Chelsea strikers get he’d have 8-10 goals atm. In teams like SH the team get 2-3 chances a game max. Most of the goals he had to create the chances all by himself. We’v been waiting for this kind of clinical finisher at the NT for decades.
artan

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:16 pm If Broja had the service Chelsea strikers get he’d have 8-10 goals atm. In teams like SH the team get 2-3 chances a game max. Most of the goals he had to create the chances all by himself. We’v been waiting for this kind of clinical finisher at the NT for decades.
I agree. While I think Werner is a great player he simply is underperforming at Chelsea and he seems to miss a few open chances every other game. Broja looks like he has that clinical finishing.

It's also important we start to build our team around him now. Don't build around our backline and try to look good on paper that we have 3 Serie A center backs and a Serie A wingback. Give Broja the space and service he needs and that probably means scrapping the 3-5-2 and going with a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I hope Duka is watching. No more of Rejas stupidity. Imagine benching your best player.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Can you believe we started Balaj over this guy just 2 months ago ?

I say WE, I mean Reja and the guy is still our coach.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:00 pm Manaj is a classic example of why all our players have failed. Just wrong combo of skills.

You have technical dudes like Manaj or Kace who have shit stature. Kace was like 5 feet tall but also scrawny. Veratti is shorter than him but he's strong. You take a look at Messi and hes strong af physically. Manaj was bullied like a little kid by Glik in that Poland.

On the other hand you have someone really big and strong like Dermaku but he has nothing to do with football. Looks like some random big guy off the street.
I think we're punching above our weight actually given the size of our population and economic conditions. We have 5-6 players who are starting in Serie A and not many nations our size can say that.
andi2410

If Bajrami finds his form, him and Broja are all we need offensively to win vs most teams.

The amazing thing is both are early 20s, and Asllani coming up soon as a starting CM in Seria A, we are looking in good shape for years to come. Broja Bajrami Asllani Bare Kumbulla Strakosha still have a decade of production likely. We are theoretically quite strong down the middle. Manaj is still young, he could possibly develop into a semi-effective poacher.

All we need is to find some effective wide players, and a competent coach. Most important of all.
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:13 pm Not surprising. Broja has the potential to be a consistent 15+ goal scorer in the EPL. He has shown flashes on almost every aspect offensively whether it's heading ability, shooting touch, pace, dribble, etc. He's just an overall stud offensively. The only think he really needs to work on his is off ball play along with his stamina but that will come. He reminds me of Diego Costa a bit.

With the way Lukaku and Werner haven't fit at Chelsea it seems like Broja may just be their striker next season or atleast in their rotation. I say this objectively but he's better than Abraham (at Roma now) who was just a tap in merchant with good physical skills like a Danny Welbeck and was able to score 10+ goals for them.
Abraham was rated higher than Broja last year but he's been terrible at Roma. Broja has already surpassed him.
  • Information