Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:43 am I find it hard to cast judgement on Muci, because I don't think I've ever seen him play for 90 minutes. From highlights he looks world class though.

Maybe it's just a case of building consistency?
RedFootballs wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:02 pm Apparently he was awful despite the goal and had a bad miss.

Obviously being young and from Superliga he still has some way to go to complete his game but he seems to me like G+A warrior. Gives his worth in great goals and assists but misses other aspects. A player who could be useful for the NT though as our attack wastes possession every time they get it. Not like Balaj and co do much anyway off the ball or on it so might as well give it to someone who can score every now and then.
I looked at that miss, and I wouldn't call that a bad miss. Again, he was running at full speed and the ball was in the air. Those shots are very difficult.
I didn't watch the game but just looked at opinions of Legia fans and stats, so I might be unfair, but his stats were really poor. He lost the ball 20 times... Attempted 9 ground duels, won 1... The goal is nice but to play on a top league you have to be good in other aspects than technique and shooting. Granted his team played bad but I think right now its a pretty accurate representation of him. Can score some great goals and has lovely technique but needs to work on the 'pro' aspects of the game
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Incredible how Mourinho is treating the players from the Bodo/Glimt game. Rumour is Udinese are in for Kumbulla and want him on a loan option, which Roma would accept as Mourinho is clear he has to go now.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

RedFootballs wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:39 pm Incredible how Mourinho is treating the players from the Bodo/Glimt game. Rumour is Udinese are in for Kumbulla and want him on a loan option, which Roma would accept as Mourinho is clear he has to go now.
Well if they don't loan him in January his value will become 1/10 th and they'll lose all their investment. Udinese is a good team for Kumbulla. He can get plenty of playing time there.
CanaYouDoIt

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:55 am
RedFootballs wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:39 pm Incredible how Mourinho is treating the players from the Bodo/Glimt game. Rumour is Udinese are in for Kumbulla and want him on a loan option, which Roma would accept as Mourinho is clear he has to go now.
Well if they don't loan him in January his value will become 1/10 th and they'll lose all their investment. Udinese is a good team for Kumbulla. He can get plenty of playing time there.
Magic Mourinho working his magic again !
Plako
Team: Partizani

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:16 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:55 am
Magic Mourinho working his magic again !
This is not on Mourinho only. The previous coach didn't use Kumbulla either. I think this is just a case of Kumbulla prioritizing money over development and Roma was not the right place for him.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Plako wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:38 pm This is not on Mourinho only. The previous coach didn't use Kumbulla either. I think this is just a case of Kumbulla prioritizing money over development and Roma was not the right place for him.
He was getting some play time in the league last year. He scored a goal against Milan too.

Now he's barely getting anything. Just 2 Europa League games.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:11 pm
Plako wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:38 pm This is not on Mourinho only. The previous coach didn't use Kumbulla either. I think this is just a case of Kumbulla prioritizing money over development and Roma was not the right place for him.
He was getting some play time in the league last year. He scored a goal against Milan too.

Kumbulla's personality doesn't match that of Mourinho's ideal defender. Mourinho prefers a cunty/bastard type like Materazzi and Kumbulla just seems like an overall decent guy. He's not cunty enough for Jose.
Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:11 pm

That's because they played a 3 CB lineup last year.

But even last year he was the 4th choice CB just like this year.
artan

Last year Kumbulla had nagging injuries and caught covid which really made him have several set backs. Overall he still did get playing time and even scored some goals. Completely opposite this year.

I didn’t like the Mourinho hire for Kumbulla. I said it at the time but he’s a coach you really have to win his trust or else you’ll be in his dog house. He likes strong, aggressive. physical players and players who are “mentally strong”. Guys like Ivanovic, Terry, Motta, Carvalho, etc. Mourinho seems to me like if he had Hysaj he’d turn him into Ivanovic since Hysaj seems more of a fit than Kumbulla.

But it’s also fair to say Mourinho isn’t that good of an evaluator of talent. Don’t forget at Chelsea he put De Bruyne, Lakaku, Salah and Mata all in his dog house and forced them out. Fans were begging him in 2014 to play De Bruyne when he was clearly at that point a world class player and but Mourinho didn’t even give him a shot and opted for Schrule over him.

Kumbulla seems to me like a good kid and he’s clearly talented. Sometimes a player and coach aren’t a fix and I think Mourinho never rated him from the start. He needs a move
Princ

artan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:26 pm Mourinho seems to me like if he had Hysaj he’d turn him into Ivanovic
If Murinho had Hysaj, he would turn him into the bus driver.
  • Information