Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

Yea, it really is. They have a few quality defenders already there and with Mourinho's system there's only room for two center backs. Hopefully, he gets a loan move somewhere. I'd like to see him go to Torino or Udinese.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

artan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:53 am Yea, it really is. They have a few quality defenders already there and with Mourinho's system there's only room for two center backs. Hopefully, he gets a loan move somewhere. I'd like to see him go to Torino or Udinese.
Torino would been perfect destination for him, working again with Juric but Mourinho won't let him to leave on loan.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Dallku

And this season Kumbulla will get even less minutes because Mourinho plays with 2 CBs. Last season they played with 3.
artan

I normally think Albanian players are on the bench for a valid reason but I truly think this isn't the case for Muci. He doesn't deserve to be a bench player for Legia and his agent should have done better than transferring him to them. Legia would rather play with goons rather than technically gifted players. I bet Balaj would be an undisputed starter for Legia.

#FreeMuci
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I feel bad for these young Albanian talents. Everywhere they go it's a fucking dead end. They gotta waste a few years in Croatia (which is barely different than Superliga) or something before getting a real shot.

Kumbulla though was a victim of his own success. He played so well his first season, that Verona put a stupid price tag that only Roma was willing to finance through some sketchy loans. That was a team with way too many CBs. Even if he plays better than Mancini or whoever he'll still be benched. He has to be massively better and score goals every game to be in the lineup.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

And countries like Poland and Croatia are very nationalistic and focused on producing their own players. If Muci has to compete with Polish players of his equal or even slightly below level then he's losing that battle 10/10 of the time. That's why the standards for him and other Albanian young players are higher in these particular leagues. They either have to perform great or get left out. As you've seen Muci has done good things in the times he played but that apparently isn't enough. More things are demanded from foreigners in these nationalistic leagues and it actually makes sense. It would be great if Albanian league was in this position.
artan

Dallku wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:58 am And countries like Poland and Croatia are very nationalistic and focused on producing their own players. If Muci has to compete with Polish players of his equal or even slightly below level then he's losing that battle 10/10 of the time. That's why the standards for him and other Albanian young players are higher in these particular leagues. They either have to perform great or get left out. As you've seen Muci has done good things in the times he played but that apparently isn't enough. More things are demanded from foreigners in these nationalistic leagues and it actually makes sense. It would be great if Albanian league was in this position.
Honestly, the Superliga just needs two decent teams that were on the level Skenderbeu was. Two teams that poach the best players in the country and showcase them to the rest of Europe. The Croatian league is the only league that really gives Albanian players a chance and that's mainly because their owners are greedy and looking to profit off player sales. Croatian teams have done well with Albanian players over the years in terms of production and transfer fees (Rrahmani, Ismajli, Uzuini, Kastrati, Cikaleshi, Balaj, etc).

I was hoping Turkey can do something similar but I don't think so. That league/country is way too shady. Just look at Hakaj and Mala who both had their contracts broken a month after signing with them. It's a shame the Superliga loses their best players yearly to the Turkish second league.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I think Muci will be fine though. You put those goals on a highlight reel, and clubs would be after him. I wouldn't be surprised if Dinamo Zagreb already took note of him.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Princ

Dallku wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:58 am And countries like Poland and Croatia are very nationalistic and focused on producing their own players. If Muci has to compete with Polish players of his equal or even slightly below level then he's losing that battle 10/10 of the time. That's why the standards for him and other Albanian young players are higher in these particular leagues. They either have to perform great or get left out. As you've seen Muci has done good things in the times he played but that apparently isn't enough. More things are demanded from foreigners in these nationalistic leagues and it actually makes sense. It would be great if Albanian league was in this position.
Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with Polish nationalism. Legia fields a tall Azerbaijani striker who has a ton of experience in Europe.

Emreli had been a starter for Qarabag as the club played both CL and EL group stages in consecutive seasons. Furthermore, this player has scored goals against Hungary and Wales in qualification.

We all want Muci to succeed but his resume is not comparable. Regardless, he started every match in the league, although getting subbed off at halftime last weekend.

Time will tell as there are some older Portuguese and Brazilian forwards who may also be favored ahead of him. Hard to argue with selections after taking a positive result in the middle of Prague.
Drini

Astrit Selmani has been given the green light to represent Kosova. Kosova has invited him to play with their NT in the three matches against Georgia, Greece and Spain. Selmani has thus far scored 8 goals and made 5 assists with Hammarby in the Swedish league.
  • Information