Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

artan wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:49 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:44 pm So what needs to happen to qualify to World Cup through Nations League?
Nothing. It’s mathematically impossible. Nations league was only gonna give two potential playoff spots for the highest ranking teams that didn’t qualify through normal qualification.

It’s why we shouldn’t be getting promoted.
Nope, two playoff spots to the two teams that will win their groups . We have more than 60% chance to get that playoff spot now. The 8 group winners in League A and B will most likely all get to the first two places during qualifiers and most likely even Slovenia/Grece might reach the playoff spot. Meanwhile i’m not sure where are we placed compared to Montenegro in Nations League Rankings while Macedonia is out and we’re clearly ahead of Armenia.
Klejdi1023

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:44 pm So what needs to happen to qualify to World Cup through Nations League?
Nothing. It’s mathematically impossible. Nations league was only gonna give two potential playoff spots for the highest ranking teams that didn’t qualify through normal qualification.

That’s not true. Only group winners are ranked for wc playoff spots. Assuming all league a and league b group winners finish 1st or second in normal qualifiers, then league c comes into play. Montenegro, Armenia and us topped our groups. Slovenia will likely top theirs. We are ranked third based on points, so we would need one of Slovenia or Montenegro to not need a playoff spot thru nations league, highly unlikely but Slovenia has been doing very well so you never know
artan

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:58 pm

Nope, two playoff spots to the two teams that will win their groups . We have more than 60% chance to get that playoff spot now. The 8 group winners in League A and B will most likely all get to the first two places during qualifiers and most likely even Slovenia/Grece might reach the playoff spot. Meanwhile i’m not sure where are we placed compared to Montenegro in Nations League Rankings while Macedonia is out and we’re clearly ahead of Armenia.
Slovenia and Montenegro have more points than us in a league C. Then there’s the teams in League B as well.

We blew it by dropping points early. We should have drawed so we can get an easy path to qualify for Euro 2024. Look at Macedonia today it was so obvious there were playing their second unit so they don’t get promoted.
Simboli i Diellit

artan wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:03 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:58 pm

Slovenia and Montenegro have more points than us in a league C. Then there’s the teams in League B as well.

We blew it by dropping points early. We should have drawed so we can get an easy path to qualify for Euro 2024. Look at Macedonia today it was so obvious there were playing their second unit so they don’t get promoted.
https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Do ... WNLOAD.pdf

It’s not based on points the ranking. UEFA nations league rankings is similar to Elo ratings . That’s why they want to get the WC/Euro qualifiers pot seedings from it meanwhile FIFA won’t let them because of their Cocacola ranking.

Albania should be ahead of Montenegro . While Slovenia-Greece are ahead of us. Macedonia actually was way too prudent and Armenia fought more to archive this. If Macedonia won we most likely would’ve been out . Group A 4 winers 99% will win their qualifier groups aswell . Meanwhile the 4 group B winners will most likely come second to the qualifiers . Just have a look at who has won the groups: https://www.diretta.it/calcio/europa/ue ... s=tGw39KKe
Plako
Team: Partizani

So basically we have to fight off Montenegro and Slovenia for the two WC playoffs spots?
Dallku

So what results should we be rooting for now?
Simboli i Diellit

Plako wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:30 pm So basically we have to fight off Montenegro and Slovenia for the two WC playoffs spots?
Nope , the best 6 teams second placed from WC qualifiers will host their playoff games against the rest (4 playoff remaining from qualifiers groups and 2 from Nations league best 2 group winners left out). Basically from 12 playoff teams there will be only 3 that qualify .
Dallku wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:36 pm So what results should we be rooting for now?
Actually rooting for the bests and strongest teams in Groups A/B to win and wouldn’t mind Greece winning as they usually get easy groups and second place it’s quite archievable for them.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Imagine that Lithuania game makes us miss the World Cup :rrokullisem:
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FI ... cond_Round

Again, the two highest NL group winners that don’t qualify directly through WCQ will get a playoff spot.

We basically need Austria and Wales to qualify naturally in WCQ from Group B, then we need a Scottland and Russia to get draws today in their NL qualifying so they don’t get ahead of us in points.

Then we need Slovenia and Montenegro to qualify to the World Cup naturally as well.

This is also assuming the winners of the groups of league A will qualify for the WC by normal means.

It’s hard to explain as I’m on my phone but we essentially have no chance.
Simboli i Diellit

artan wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:16 pm https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FI ... cond_Round

Again, the two highest NL group winners that don’t qualify directly through WCQ will get a playoff spot.

We basically need Austria and Wales to qualify naturally in WCQ from Group B, then we need a Scottland and Russia to get draws today in their NL qualifying so they don’t get ahead of us in points.

Then we need Slovenia and Montenegro to qualify to the World Cup naturally as well.

This is also assuming the winners of the groups of league A will qualify for the WC by normal means.

It’s hard to explain as I’m on my phone but we essentially have no chance.
League A: Italy , Belgium, France and Spain 99% qualify directly

League B: Austria, Russia, Galles, Czech Rep (favourable otherwise Turkey win over Hungary.)

League C : Both Slovenia and Greece are better ranked than us and we need the winner to get a playoff spot through WC qualifers, Montenegro was behind us in Uefa rankings and still is maybe. If we had won all NL games we would’ve been pot 3 team for next qualifiers but we can’t depend on whatif now . And by the way Serbia is playing they don’t want to relegate to league C. Who knows why? Probably even marketing Tv rights are higher in league B.

edit: Montenegro is ahead of us. They’re counting points . Those Lithuania matches most likely costed us the playoff .So we’d need either Greece or Slovenia get a playoff spot from normal qualifiers:
https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/02 ... iteria.pdf
  • Information