October 11: Turkey vs. Albania (Match Thread)

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Shpati wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:21 pm This team is hopeless really
I think the showing was positive. When Sadiku and Ndoj come back we'll be much better.
Princ

Princ wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:51 pm
Plako wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:37 pm
Dallku wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:50 pm Roshi will be playing as a wingback again..
Oh wow, I wish I knew before I placed my bets today So I could have taken over 2.5 goals. I change my prediction from 2-0 to 3-0 now.
I’d take the under 2.5 as well, prices are about even and am not convinced albania will score today but we’ll see
Plako the under came through eh lol
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Albania has a big problem, the attacking players mentality sucks, this is why they need several sitters to score a goal.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Princ

ZenMaster wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:32 pm Albania has a big problem, the attacking players mentality sucks, this is why they need several sitters to score a goal.
The mentality is there brother, what’s missing is the talent..
Dallku

Wouldn't go that far..

Turkey had no business winning this game.. in Istanbul. That alone is a positive sign.

There is potential and the team is under construction. Still need to get rid of some deadwood players like Memushaj, Balaj, etc and focus on building chemistry with a young core.

Yes, Manaj's finishing was pathetic but his build up play is OK and he's only 22 and in his first few caps. Lets chill before we pull the plug on him.
artan

Thing with Manaj is that he's very active and a pitbull unlike Cikaleshi and Balaj. So that alone merits him to start. He shows flashes at going at goal too he's just limited with pace and his decision making isn't there. He should be starting in the meantime.
Shpati
Team: Albania, New York Mets, New York Giants, Liverpool F.C.

Dallku wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:42 pm
Wouldn't go that far..

Turkey had no business winning this game.. in Istanbul. That alone is a positive sign.

There is potential and the team is under construction. Still need to get rid of some deadwood players like Memushaj, Balaj, etc and focus on building chemistry with a young core.

Yes, Manaj's finishing was pathetic but his build up play is OK and he's only 22 and in his first few caps. Lets chill before we pull the plug on him.
I dunno man, I'm just so deflated after this tournament. And they lost in such a embarrassing fashion.

I agree on Manaj. Getting chances is better than getting no chances.
Princ

Manaj is in tip top shape unlike any of our other strikers, keeps it going for the full 90 and always gives his all...he is technically limited but still useful, a little greedy but it’s excusable
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Princ wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:53 pm Manaj is in tip top shape unlike any of our other strikers, keeps it going for the full 90 and always gives his all...he is technically limited but still useful, a little greedy but it’s excusable
Dude was sucking air in the 70th minute. That 1 on 1 ball he could barely run and that's why he fell over after small contact.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

The only one I'm excited for is Bare. I thought he was finished for a while, but he's been awesome lately. This dude is giving amazing assists every game (even vs. France IIRC), even though our knuckleheads can't finish them.
Shpati wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:08 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:00 pm The problem with our players is they're all good at 1 thing, and completely terrible at everything else.
Basically we suck
Yes. But you can't build a team with role players only. You need a couple of well rounded individuals. Our finishers are terrible at holding the ball and passing (Sadiku and Salihi before him), and our other forwards are good at holding the ball (Manaj/Balaj/Cikalleshi) or being fast (Roshi), but can't finish. Lenjani has a good engine and can run up and down, but if a chance falls to him, it might as well be dead.

The reason why me and others praise Roshi that much, is because he has 1-2 skills that are world class, even if he is crap in everything else. Obviously that doesn't translate well in long term club success where consistency and well roundedness are key, but if you can harness his abilities properly he can be a great asset.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information