Albania vs. San Marino - World Cup Qualifiers Europe - September 8, 2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Teodor87

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:37 pm [quote=Teodor87 post_id=31575 time=<a href="tel:1630913518">1630913518</a> user_id=439]
Hi guys

I‘m new to this page. This was exactly what I was looking for this whole time. A place where albanian football fans can discuss elaborate etc.

On the game:

How can you start the game with Balaj and let Broja sit on the bench? I mean I get it if you say that he hasn‘t played yet for Southampton but I dont think that Albania has the luxury to leave such a talent out of the starting eleven. Even more so when you just compare the difference in quality between him and the rest of the strikers.

On the formation:
I‘m pretty sure you have already discussed this. You dont choose a formation and decide which player has to fill in a position he never played. We just dont have the players for the 352. Kumbulla and Djimsiti know this formation but the rest of our team dont. The 2 midfieldplayers in the center have to be quick on the feet and agile and have the required endurance. Neither Gjasula or Abrashi can meet this criteria (anymore). Trashi and Doka are limited as wingbacks. Hysaj is no wingback. One of the two strikers needs to be fast and to combine well with the advanced midfielder. Something Uzuni and Bajrami showed and which made me quite happy. The other striker on the other hand needs to always be ready and have good technical abilities, ball control and be a good finisher. Balajs only strenght is his well strenght. He is strong as a bull but his IQ is very low. He is slow. He is technically very bad. Broja showed what Albania was missing. Im not only talking about his goal but his decision making (the run on the right wing and the cross) and his goal he almost created by himself - something balaj never did and just is not able to do.

Conclusion and Forecast:

We played a good game. However the decisions made by Reja before the game in nominating Roshi, Balaj, hoxhallari, cepele (unproven talent) and his decision to put them on. His decision to prefer Balaj to Broja. His stubborn insistance on the 352 make me believe that he is just not the right coach for us.

I think we should replace Balaj with Vrioni. Replace Roshi with Muci or Sahiti. Unfortunately Armando Dobra has been loaned to Colchestet United. I love him as a player. Maybe Kolaj becomes the player I believe he can become. Cokaj is playing every game in croatia and deserves a final introduction to this team. He should take over from abrashi.

In general:
We have to change our mentality of feeling inferior to almost every team and trying to play hard and physical football. We have good technical players. We can play good football. The U21 boys showed us excatly that.

That is why I think it is all down to the coach who with his decisions is slowing down the transition, evolution or even revolution. Sorry to hear that he has some health concerns but I think we need a different coach. Maybe it is time to hire a albanian coach? B. Hasi? Ilir Daja? Skender Gega? I mean Gega played some exciting games with partizan in the europe league against some very difficult opponents.
Welcome ! Totally agree with everything said, it seems obvious doesn't it ? Obvious to everyone but Reja.
[/quote]
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:02 am Welcome Teodor,

I appreciate your imputs on the game. Many of us share the same thoughts on Reja and i don’t believe he’ll be managing us after the WC finals. An albanian coach would need less time to adapt his tactics and he would already know all the players. Gega would be perfect.
The U21 had a real bad showing last night. That is something that should not happen. Losing away to the Czech Republic is not surprising. However losing 4:0 and to put up that undisciplinary showing makes me wonder how Bushi prepared the players before the game. Ok you can start the game badly but to continue playing badly and become even worse is anacceptable for me.

So now on the senior squad:

I think against San Marino we should give certain younger players our trust:

I would play in a 4231. Why? I think that is the formation that would suit us the best and for which we have the required players. Two I think we would create much more offensively and have a more stable backline.
My suggested line up:

GK: Selmani or Strakosha
LB: Trashi
RB: Hysaj or Doka (if hysaj doesnt really care)
CBs: Kumbulla and ismaili / Mihaj (think he deserved at least some activation). Not Djimsiti because of bookings (would miss the Hungary game)
DMs: Keidi and Cokaj (both are quick on their feet, good endurance and are enough for San Marino)
AM: Bajrami
LW: Uzuni
RW: Cekici (I know he didnt play well but I think he deserves a chance. If he blows it here he can be a bench player for the next years)
FW: Broja

Strakosha

Hysaj Kumbulla Mihaj Trashi

Keidi Cokaj

Cekici Bajrami Uzuni

Broja
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

artan

Benching Bare after one bad performance is a terrible idea as he’s been one of our best players since inserted in the lineup in 2019. Besides the Poland match I don’t really remember a bad performance he’s had.

As for Laci he’ll have to have a string of good showing before we take him seriously. Many times we have players who have a decent performance and then follow up with several poor performances.

Hoxhallari at LWB is comical and is Veseli 2.0, difference is Veseli is somewhat of a professional. Starting Manaj over Broja is comical too. Let the Manaj experiment end or atleast until he’s shown he can score a goal in a first division.

————Broja
——Uzuini—Bajrami
Hysaj-Laci-Bare—Roshi
—-Kumb—Gym—Ismajli
———-Strakosha

Would like to see Cokaj get a look this match as well. Maybe more of Doka too
Shqipëria Etnike

Bare has been one of our best/consistany players in recent memory along with Gjimshiti and Cikalleshi. Can't drop him after one bad game. It looks like this team is finally growing as seen in our last 2 games but team selection is still a big issue as everyone can see.
Team for San Marino should be:

Strakosha

Ismajli Kumbulla Mihaj

Doka Bare Laci Bajrami Hysaj

Uzuni

Broja/Cikalleshi

Sub in

Roshi
Cokaj
Broja if he doesnt start
Dallku

Keidi's problem is that he just doesn't offer much resistance defensively because he's physically weak but he's decent on the ball and plays with great energy. He along with Hysaj and GJasula are big reasons Albania held so much ball possession against Poland. Of course in that CM position it's ideal to have a ball winner who can defend just as well as attack but beggars can't be choosers. For Albania Keidi is definitely good enough.
CanaYouDoIt

Its 2021 , the mentality that your CM has to be a big physical brute is just outdated, the best CMs of our generation have been smaller guys around Bare's height. He's easily our best CM, we need more of him.
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:43 pm Its 2021 , the mentality that your CM has to be a big physical brute is just outdated, the best CMs of our generation have been smaller guys around Bare's height. He's easily our best CM, we need more of him.
It's not about height. Xhaka and Abrashi are probably shorter than Bare but they physically stronger in challanges and ball winners. Bare is technically more gifted than them though.

Winning duels and taking possession matters though. Let's not get it twisted. The ideal central midfielder is a versatile one.
Princ

Keidi Bare:
-Listed as a 1.74m midget despite new hair implants
-Weak defensively (have allowed 7 goals last 2 games with him on the pitch)
-Benchwarmer at his club (43 minutes played all season)
-0 goals, 1 assist in 2 years (29 league plus 2 cup appearances) for Espanyol
-Transfermarkt value has dropped in the last year
-Out of the squad for our biggest victory in years

Qazim Laci:
-Listed at 1.80m
-Undisputed starter at his club (450 minutes played this season)
-In tiptop shape, terrific motor, can keep up the pace and press for 90 minutes
-2 goals already THIS SEASON
-Transfermarkt value on the up and up, always improving
-Game changer in our biggest victory in years

I challenge anyone here to provide me with facts on why Bare deserves anything other than the bench!
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:03 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:43 pm Its 2021 , the mentality that your CM has to be a big physical brute is just outdated, the best CMs of our generation have been smaller guys around Bare's height. He's easily our best CM, we need more of him.
It's not about height. Xhaka and Abrashi are probably shorter than Bare but they physically stronger in challanges and ball winners. Bare is technically more gifted than them though.

Winning duels and taking possession matters though. Let's not get it twisted. The ideal central midfielder is a versatile one.
Oh 100% but I’d prefer Bare and a “pitbull” over two pit bulls , we need that technical security . Him and Bajrami are just that and will make us so much better in possession.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:28 pm Keidi Bare:
-Listed as a 1.74m midget despite new hair implants
-Weak defensively (have allowed 7 goals last 2 games with him on the pitch)
-Benchwarmer at his club (43 minutes played all season)
-0 goals, 1 assist in 2 years (29 appearances) for Espanyol
-Transfermarkt value has dropped in the last year
-Out of the squad for our biggest victory in years

Qazim Laci:
-Listed at 1.80m
-Undisputed starter at his club (450 minutes played this season)
-In tiptop shape, terrific motor, can keep up the pace and press for 90 minutes
-2 goals already THIS SEASON
-Transfermarkt value on the up and up, always improving
-Game changer in our biggest victory in years

I challenge anyone here to provide me with facts on why Bare deserves anything other than the bench!
Possibly the worst reasons I’ve ever seen presented in a football debate .
  • Information