Albania vs Poland/ Euro's 24 Qualifiers 10/09/23

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Plako wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:21 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:14 pm Let's not throw another qualification edition down the garbage chute by losing at home to Poland.
This is the third time we play a crucial qualifier at home vs Poland. Both times we lost 1-0.

October 10, 2021: Albania 0 - 1 Poland
May 30, 1985: Albania 0 - 1 Poland
Third time's the charm :hi-bulku:
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:42 pm Third time's the charm :hi-bulku:
I sure hope so. We shouldn't have lost that last home game either.
artan

Plako wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:20 pm
artan wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:27 pmThis one is different as the team is much better now and complete. If the manager is playing Cika and Seferi they will choke this match, make no mistake.
I still don't get why Cika is an automatic starter. He provides very little threat offensively and for a big man he has no strength. I'll even take Daku over him.
It's because of nepotism. He's one of Duka's yes men and he has good relationships with the FSHF hierarchy and the journalists alike. Once a player enters this clique (usually domestic based players like Balaj, Bulku, Lila, etc) they never leave it and will get playing time until they practically can't run anymore and after they'll get some coaching or scouting job.

I can't wait for the day that this loser leaves the National Team permanently.
Princ

artan wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:17 am It's because of nepotism. He's one of Duka's yes men and he has good relationships with the FSHF hierarchy and the journalists alike. Once a player enters this clique (usually domestic based players like Balaj, Bulku, Lila, etc) they never leave it and will get playing time until they practically can't run anymore and after they'll get some coaching or scouting job.

I can't wait for the day that this loser leaves the National Team permanently.
Yes man who is top 5 all time scorer and on fire with his club at the moment..

Cikalleshi best days are behind him but still strong as a bull and the best we have at the position. Bad game in Czechia but it is hard to do much at a tough opponent like that. Need something really special to take points in Prague and thankfully we got it!
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Remember when Cikalleshi was actually good on the ball and would hit posts?

Now he can’t even walk
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

I don't like it but I get it. Cikalleshi plays exclusively for goal kicks. So he can be a target for Berisha or when the defense needs to hoof the ball. It makes sense on paper that he plays.

Problem is that he loses 99% of those duels with defenders.... especially solid defenders like the Czechs and Polaks just eat him alive. They treat him and Daku like toddlers.

Myrto would lose all the aerial battles too but at least he has the athleticism to chase after the ball and who knows maybe force a mistake.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:54 pm I don't like it but I get it. Cikalleshi plays exclusively for goal kicks. So he can be a target for Berisha or when the defense needs to hoof the ball. It makes sense on paper that he plays.

Problem is that he loses 99% of those duels with defenders.... especially solid defenders like the Czechs and Polaks just eat him alive. They treat him and Daku like toddlers.

Myrto would lose all the aerial battles too but at least he has the athleticism to chase after the ball and who knows maybe force a mistake.
Daku did have a bit more success and was better in the link up with the midfielders. Lost in the fact that he messed up the final pass was the fact he held the ball and passed it to Bajrami first.

Cika lost every duel possible, he was bullied out there. Daku is bigger I think but Cika gets the start out of pure experience alone.
Klejdi1023

I’d like to see Muci start as center forward today. Cika useless, Daku just joined and with Uzuni mostly ineffective in the role, Muci deserves a chance to show what he can do, especially being in good form right now and he can be so dangerous near the box and inside the box. With Muci, Bajrami, Asllani and Asani on the field all at once at least a goal or 2 can be guaranteed out of nothing it seems so why not go for it.
Redijupison

I think we only see Uzuni start in place of Seferi, I'd be surprised if Sylvinho goes for more changes
Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:54 pm I don't like it but I get it. Cikalleshi plays exclusively for goal kicks. So he can be a target for Berisha or when the defense needs to hoof the ball. It makes sense on paper that he plays.
I don't understand why we need a target man, we've never had a strong aerial game. If you have a special player like Muriqi then I get it but Cika is absolutely useless in that role. Daku in his few minutes did a little better in holding up the play but that may be because the Czechs were tired.
  • Information