Albanian Youth Football

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Dallku

Looks like Sylvinho's energy is all over the place. Everyone wants to play like a Brazilian

but it makes sense... Albanian mentality is closer to South American than the strict Italian bunker style. Albanians want to attack by nature... Now they feel free from the Italian tyranny
Redijupison

It might have an effect, but when did Albania u21 have this talented players?
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Redijupison wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:38 pm It might have an effect, but when did Albania u21 have this talented players?
The group that won 5:1 away in Austria.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Braian Gruda with two assists against Kosova U21 today.
Redijupison

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:48 pm
Redijupison wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:38 pm It might have an effect, but when did Albania u21 have this talented players?
Shpendi, Berisha and Pajaziti impress me more.
CanaYouDoIt

Redijupison wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:28 am
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:48 pm
Shpendi, Berisha and Pajaziti impress me more.
They’re probably better but that team had guys like Muci, Vrioni, Kallaku (was a beast) , Celhaku . A good group
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Dallku wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:49 pm Looks like Sylvinho's energy is all over the place. Everyone wants to play like a Brazilian

but it makes sense... Albanian mentality is closer to South American than the strict Italian bunker style. Albanians want to attack by nature... Now they feel free from the Italian tyranny
Lol that Italian tyranny got us into the first European qualifiers and probably gave us our most noteable win in history (beating future EURO winner Portugal away from home).

It also gave us the first win in a major tourney against Romania with Lila assisting and Sadiku scoring (lol). These players were scrubs compared to the teams we were facing.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:26 am
Dallku wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:49 pm Looks like Sylvinho's energy is all over the place. Everyone wants to play like a Brazilian

Lol that Italian tyranny got us into the first European qualifiers and probably gave us our most noteable win in history (beating future EURO winner Portugal away from home).

It also gave us the first win in a major tourney against Romania with Lila assisting and Sadiku scoring (lol). These players were scrubs compared to the teams we were facing.
I’m pretty sure he’s talking about Panucci and Reja , especially Reja who wasted 3 years playing 5 defenders vs everyone.
Plako
Team: Partizani

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:28 amI’m pretty sure he’s talking about Panucci and Reja , especially Reja who wasted 3 years playing 5 defenders vs everyone.
Reja's biggest f*** up was trying to have Hysaj play in an attacking role. Now that Asani is playing on that wing we seem way more stable.
artan

Plako wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:45 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:28 amI’m pretty sure he’s talking about Panucci and Reja , especially Reja who wasted 3 years playing 5 defenders vs everyone.
Reja's biggest f*** up was trying to have Hysaj play in an attacking role. Now that Asani is playing on that wing we seem way more stable.
He kind of had too with the awful lineup selections he made. He played with two slow goal poachers (Cika, Balaj or Manaj), three defensive midfielders and the most important positions in a 3-5-2 he played with Trashi and Hysaj. We saw 5 years of no width, pace or any kind of attacking threat and yet he would roll out the same lineups/tactics. To make it worst he benched guys like Broja (still benched him in the Poland after he came off the bench twice to beat Hungry to save his job), Bajrami, Balliu and Asllani.

Easily the worst manager we've ever had. He had a talented roster by Albania standards unlike his predecessors Panucci and GDB. I give Panucci a pass at this point because he was given an awful roster full of players who were supposed to take the next step but ended up completely flopping (Xhaka, Ajeti, Aliji, Balaj, Kace, etc) and unwarranted expectations for that roster.

Syvlinho getting rid of the back three was the best move he could make as we didn't have the wingbacks for a back three nor we should adjust our lineup to accomodate a defender just because he plays in Serie A. And realistically a roster with professionals like Gymcity, Asllani, Bajrami, Hysaj, Ramadani, etc, should be able to qualify for a Euro spot. This is Albania's most talented roster by far.
  • Information